Summer Safety Tips To Be Aware Of Here At The Beach
Everyone loves going to the beach during the summer, the water is warm the weather is amazing the sun feels great ... but danger could be just a few steps away!
We here at SERVPRO of Georgetown, East and West Horry Counties know all about Summer Beach Fun, we live here! So we decided to help out the tourist and new locals with a few great summer beach tips to be aware of this year!
We first wrote about summer safety about four years ago but did not really mention the beach so here are a few tips to keep you safe while you are out on the sand having fun:
- Look for and understand the warning flags.
- Check the weather forecast, (it rains every day here during the summer)
- Learn or know how to swim in an ocean.
- Learn about rip currents.
- Pick a spot close to a lifeguard tower.
- Use sunscreen!
These are just a few safety tips you should learn and be aware of down here at the beach. Be smart and you will enjoy your visit to the beach much more!