Ms. Dozier Was So Happy With SERVPRO!
Ms Dozier is so much happier now!
Water heaters break, sometimes when you are on vacation!
Ms Dozier called us in need of some immediate flood damage mitigation and repair in her Surfside Beach SC home. She was on vacation when her water heater burst and flooded her whole house. SERVPRO came in and rescued her house.
Her hot water heater was located on the 2nd floor and when it burst it caused flooding all throughout that floor and the first floor below. She heard about SERVPRO through our ads and decided to give us a call.
In the early stages Ms Dozier admits to not knowing where her shut off valve was if she had an ERP filled out things could have been alot smoother for her!
You can start your FREE ERP here: http://goo.gl/3MKuiS
CLICK HERE to see the video testimonial from Ms. Dozier!
Happy Easter From SERVPRO of Horry County
Happy Easter from SERVPRO of Horry County
Here is a quick message from our owner.
Spring is just about upon us and hopefully the cold weather will be behind us. It’s that time again to start getting ready for longer days as daylight savings will be here and Easter will be here before we know it. Having said that I would like to share a few lines from Dr. Louis Johnson as he wrote about Home.
Home has the ability to evoke many memories. It is, at times, a location on a map. It may be a particular house that we recall. Those houses have a look, a light quality and maybe even an aroma. It may be a special food remembered or the scent of your Mother or Father. The recollection is often enough to bring a tear or a smile. Whatever memory pops up it is endowed with Poignancy. The Mental process of dredging that memory is both visceral and spiritual. My Home is so much a part of me that I have no difficulty seeing the flaws I made in the door frame or the pattern of the paper on the wall. These are important things to me.
More important are the times I spent with Family in that house. Each night we rehearsed the day that we had just experienced. We caught up with each other by telling our stories of the day. This would take place at the dinner table. These are treasure times that shaped my thinking and my dreams. They are Priceless.
Home is also my early experience with community and church. In that Church I learned about God and the experiences of the love of Jesus Christ from persons who help me know about grace, mercy, trust, faith, and fellowship. I am who I am because they were who they were and nurtured me in the way of salvation. Friends, they were my evangelists. This is the way our story passes from one generation to another.
Have a Happy Easter and God Bless
Nominate someone today!
Do you know someone that has gone through a major life change and it has left them handicap and their home unmanageable? We need your help! After a major life change such as a sudden injury that leaves you unable to walk, adjusting to life and even your home can be difficult. We want to bring hope back to these individuals!
Each quarter we will choose one person to receive a free home adjustment. This could be anything from widening a doorway, putting in a wheelchair ramp, lowering cabinets and many other home adjustments to make life easier for these individuals. Please nominate someone and and tell us why you think they would greatly benefit from a home adjustment.
· We are looking for anyone who has had a sudden life changing injury or disability.
· We will evaluate each nominee and access what our volunteers and vendors can provide to the nominees and we will pick the best fit.
· We will allow all the nominees to carry over for each quarter if they are not chosen for as long as we provide this service.
· We will provide a helpful service like some of the following: building a wheelchair ramp to their door, lowering a few cabinets, widening a doorway etc…
· This will not be a complete home rebuild or makeover but will be a helping jumpstart to getting things back to a new normal.
To nominate visit: MyCreatingHope.com
To Volunteer as a Vendor Contact:
Bryan Fulton | Marketing Manager
Cell: 843-995-1792 or email: Marketing@SERVPROofHorryCounty.com
Community Entertainment Available From SERVPRO
FREE Entertainment for Schools in Myrtle Beach!
These entertainment options will serve as an outreach program to gain more end users in the residential market coupled with efforts to increase the brand awareness of SERVPRO in the Horry and Georgetown County areas. They will be marketed to schools initially and will be fun, interactive and educational. We will focus on co-sponsorship opportunities with the local fire departments in Horry & Georgetown Co.’s to present the educational portion of the program (i.e. Fire Safety, Tips & Tricks etc) when needed.
1. To increase the brand awareness of SERVPRO by engaging in face to face
community relations as well as educating the community about our services.
2. To provide entertainment options that will set SERVPRO apart from its
competitors and provide value to schools searching for free and educational
3. To increase participation of schools in the Fire Department's activities.
Service Offered to School:
FREE SERVPRO Juggling Show: High Energy, Family Friendly, and Interactive
- Show length can be customized to fit your time frame (15-45 minutes)
- News Outlets both Video and Print invited as well as press releases written
- Includes blasts on all our social media platforms
FREE “Mitigation Man” Stilt Walker Character
- Used for Meet & Greets during school/community functions
- Can provide morale boost wake up to students during morning drop offs
- Perfect for athletic events and pep rallies
FREE SERVPRO Halftime Show
- Basketball spinning show perfect for Varsity Games with lots of attendance
- Hat tricks show, good for all ages and levels
- Bucket Balance YMCA show great for audience engagement
Services Needed from School:
We would like to have marketing collateral from SERVPRO and our Fire Dept. co sponsors to be handed out to all the children to be taken home.
We would like to be able to hang a banner/signage year round in the gym or other high traffic area.
We would like to have an ad in your PTA or Weekly news bulletins.
We would like to have an agreement set for one of our Sales Reps to come talk about an ERP and a commitment to participate at one of the Fire Department’s functions.
About the SERVPRO Juggling Show
Bryan Dangerous Bio:
A graduate from Patapsco's Center for the Performing Arts, as well as the Ringling Bros. Circus’ esteemed Clown College, he has been trained in improv & has developed a wide variety of circus skills that are used to deliver a show that will leave your guests crying with laughter! With appearances on MTV, Comedy Central, "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno, and 100's of national, regional, and local news and radio shows he brings his unique brand of clean corporate comedy juggling, and high energy interactive routines to meetings, trade shows and special events everywhere.
Whether you are looking to add a punch of variety to your assembly roster or maybe you just want a headlining entertainer that is going to make your students, teachers, and co-workers remember this years program forever because they saw one of their Administrators get pulled up on stage and "take one for the team", you can trust that Bryan Dangerous will enhance your experience through the use of family friendly comedy juggling that will be customized and personalized for each event, and make you look like a ROCKSTAR for booking him!
I. Fire Dept. presentation
II. Comedy Juggling Show
- Ball & Club Juggling
- Hat Juggling w/ Audience Member
- Basketballs w/ Audience Member
- Fireman Strong Man Gag w/ Audience Members
- Balancing objects
- Toilet paper magic w/ Audience Member
- Bucket balance finale w/ Audience Members
- “Like it never even happened” clean up
About the SERVPRO “Mitigation Man” Stilt Walker Character
Stilt Man Rundown:
Stand Tall with SERVPRO and be READY for the day!
This nearly 10 foot tall robo stilt man will be handing out high fives and fist bumps to children of all ages. When used in the morning drop off situation, Mitigation Man will provide that initial wakem up jolt to your students instantly increasing morale and setting the tone for a fantastic school day.
Another great way to use this amazing stilt character is for community festivals and fundraisers. He makes a great backdrop for taking fun and unique pictures. He will meet and greet your guests and attendees ensuring your event will be the talk of the town.
Mitigation Man is a perfect way to set your event apart from all the rest. He can walk in up to 45 minute sets, taking 15 minute breaks every hour.
About the SERVPRO Halftime Show
Choose from up to 3 different professional level halftime shows for your sporting event.
The basketball spinning show features tricks performed by Bryan Dangerous whose talents have taken him around the world performing for millions of people of all nationalities. It has been featured in NBA, WNBA and NCAA games all across the United States.
The hat trick show brings stylish routines performed to high energy music ending with a long distance hat catch that your students and their families will remember for a lifetime! This halftime show is very interactive and brings the crowd to their feet every time.
If you choose the YMCA show your guests actually become the show. This routine features 4 audience members dancing and having a blast to the famous song YMCA and the ending is an exercise in teamwork not to be missed. Your crowd will love joining in the finale!
If you or your company/school is interested in booking one of SERVPRO's entertainment options please call us today 843-995-1792!
Summer Safety Tips
Grill fires are a serious threat, don't leave the grill unattended for extended periods of time.
Summer is synonymous with barbecues, parades and fireworks displays; but along with all the festivities are plenty of visits to emergency rooms-especially during July. In 2013, eight people died and about 11,400 were injured badly enough to require medical treatment after fireworks related incidents, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. In addition to causing injury, fireworks are also responsible for thousands of house fires each year with millions of dollars in property damage. There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! Did you know, July is the peak month for grill fires? A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren't considered. Your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eye wear.
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case of fire.
- The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals.