Your Horry County Office Needs To Run Smooth
Protect Your Office!
Your office is ground zero for all of your business functions!
What would happen if there was a fire in your office kitchen or a flood in your records room from a faulty sprinkler valve?
Would you be able to handle this messy and dangerous cleanup yourself and still maintain quality service for all of your important clients?
SERVPRO has been handling cleanup for offices and warehouses just like yours for decades here on the Grand Strand. We know how important it is for you to be back up and running in the shortest amount of time possible. We understand that every minute that slips by without any productivity is more money being lost.
We will get your business back up as fast as possible, let us worry about the cleanup and you can stick to taking care of your clients!
Call in SERVPRO of East Horry County! 843-236-6278
Winter Storms Can Be Dangerous In Horry County
Don't let those pipes freeze!
Granted we do not get blankets of snow covering the Grand Strand for months like our neighbors to the North do ... but we do have freezing temperatures at times!
When we have bands of cold weather coming through in our winter season your home could be at risk of pipes freezing or even worse bursting!
It will take a few days at a constant below freezing temperature (32° F) before your pipes will start to freeze so if you take the proper precautions you should be in the clear!
* Here are 4 telltale signs that your pipes are frozen:
- There is a strange smell from your faucet or drain.
- Little to no water coming from the faucet.
- There is frost on your pipes.
- The water temperature stays cold.
If you have water damage from a frozen pipe that bursts call SERVPRO right away!
Is Your Horry County Business ERP Ready?
Sign up for our FREE ERP program today!
Where is the emergency shut off valve? Where are the fuse boxes and control panels? What do we do first?
These are just some of the questions that you could be left asking and NOT knowing the answers to if there is an emergency at your commercial building, office space, warehouse or factory.
SERVPRO has a program called ERP. That stands for Emergency Ready Profile and here are just some of the benefits to setting one up for your commercial space:
It is FREE. This means there is no need to stress about cost, giving you a great value at no financial requirement.
All of your emergency information in one easy to read document. It will only take a small fraction of time to complete and will not require you to leave your current projects.
A follow-up guide to get you back on track after a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
To learn more about having SERVPRO setup the ERP for your commercial business call us now, 843-236-6278!
Let Us Clean Up After Your Myrtle Beach Thanksgiving
One less thing to stress about!
The dishes are piled up, the leftovers are put away and your guests left stains everywhere!
Sound familiar? When you have larger gatherings for the holidays and there are food, children, and pets involved, things are bound to get messy. Let SERVPRO come over and deep clean your home after the holidays and leave the stress to us.
Give us a chance to show you how we can work our magic on your carpets and rugs, nobody likes deep cleaning but fortunately for you, we are amazing at it!
We have professional grade equipment that is still delicate enough for your most expensive rugs. Our technicians are trained in the art and science of drying so your home will look better than ever after our skilled workers are finished.
You have enough to worry about before the meal, let SERVPRO take care of things after your meal so you can actually enjoy your family and friends this year!
Call SERVPRO to make your after holiday carpet cleaning appointment today! 843-236-6278
What Can You Learn From Hurricanes In Horry County
You can learn a lot!
Hurricane season is winding down this year but we are not out of the woods yet.
It has been about a month now since Hurricane Florence hit North Carolina and South Carolina, but the impact is still being felt even now.
For many people, it was a lot of rain and a few hours without power, but for some, it was life-changing and very destructive.
It is important to learn from disasters like these so that you can be better prepared the next time tragedy and mother nature strikes.
Here are a few things to think about having ready or doing well before next Hurricane Season:
- Make sure you locate and get educated on all of your important documents and insurance policies and procedures.
- Have an emergency plan in place for if evacuation is necessary.
- Make digital copies of as many important documents as you can and keep them safer by uploading them to a cloud service or device.
- Organize a kit that has essential supplies and gear if you are going to weather the storm.
These are just a few things you can do to make sure you are more prepared for the next storm that comes to the Grand Strand.
If you have suffered storm damage please call SERVPRO today!
Lets Talk Turkey In Horry Co
Talking Turkey Fryer Safety
Turkey Fryer and Kitchen Safety for Thanksgiving
As we get ready to cook some turkeys this year, we have to remember that things can turn deadly very fast if we don't take the proper precautions while putting together our Thanksgiving meal.
Turkey fryers are a southern tradition when it comes to Thanksgiving Day, but they can also be very dangerous if not used properly.
Here are some turkey frying safety tips to remember this holiday season from our local Fire Department:
- Make sure that you don't overfill the pot by measuring the proper level with the turkey in water first and then add the oil after you've measured the level once the turkey has been removed.
- Once the oil has been heated to the proper level turn the burner off before adding the turkey so that if the oil does spill out it doesn't start a fire, and never put a frozen turkey into hot oil.
- Make sure that you are using oven mitts and safety glasses when handling the turkey, and after you're done cooking allow the oil to cool sufficiently before disposing of it.
- If you're working in the kitchen make sure that you are not wearing clothes with long sleeves, and that you are turning the pot handles in so that they don't get knocked over by accident.
- Also, it's a good idea to keep kids and pets out of the kitchen while things are being prepared.
SERVPRO of East Horry County hopes that everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving this year and we are thankful to serve our Grand Strand community!
It Is Never Too Early To Talk About Thanksgiving Safety In Horry Co
Stay safe and be grateful this Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is one of the peak days for home fires and injuries related to cooking in America!
Let's talk about some safety tips that you and your family can practice to make sure you can continue to be thankful for a roof over your head.
- Keep an eye on the turkey and food, stay close while it is cooking.
- Keep young children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should really stay as far away as possible.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over items that can cause you to spill hot liquids.
- Keep all sharp objects out of the reach of children.
- Never leave children alone in the room with a lit candle or unattended fire.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button. Just a reminder most modern smoke detectors are good for about 10 years after that it is better to just replace the whole unit not just the batteries.
If you follow these tips and use common sense you should have a grateful and safe holiday season.
If you do experience a fire damage this Thanksgiving call SERVPRO as soon as possible!
What Water Is Capable Of In Horry County
You would be surprised at what water is capable of!
Surging flood water is capable of collapsing an entire community of homes ... but that is just the beginning!
The news is filled with images lately of the damage that rising flood waters have produced after the recent hurricanes and storms.
Not only is water a universal solvent which means it is capable of dissolving many materials but the speed at which it can move is stunningly aggressive.
Take for example the record-breaking cresting of the local rivers in our area. The damage produced from these unprecedented water levels included sinkholes, destruction of roadways and bridges as well as collapsing entire communities of homes.
We here at SERVPRO have the tools and knowledge to fix many of the different water damages to your homes and businesses.
If you have suffered severe water damage call SERVPRO today 843-236-6278!
The Drying Process After A Major Flood In Horry County
The drying process is a trying process, so call SERVPRO!
The flood waters are gone ... what now?
It is hard to know what to do and what to expect when the flood waters from a major water damage finally recess.
You WILL have questions:
- Are there going to be obstacles you are not ready for?
- Will it ever get back to the way it used to be?
- Where do I start?
- Who do I turn to?
The good news is that SERVPRO has been helping families and businesses just like yours for decades here on the Grand Strand. We have systems in place and technology on our side.
SERVPRO's expert technicians can help in every stage of the damage. With that being said the rules of cleanup vary from state to state and even county to county especially after a major flood that has impacted tens of thousands of residents.
SERVPRO has to adhere to the proper rules and regulations which can often change temporarily during emergencies when it comes to disposing of the trash and waste material as well as your belongings that are no longer salvageable.
This means that there will be some unsightly piles of items from time to time in neighborhoods all along the affected area. SERVPRO can work as quickly as the local municipalities allow and will always make sure they do their best to leave things better than the way they found them.
If you have severe water damage from flooding call SERVPRO today!
How To Wash Mold Out Of Clothes After A Flood In Horry County
Clean everything as soon as possible!
After a severe flooding recedes and the cleanup process begins you are left with many questions.
One of the first and biggest issues to tackle is your clothes. Since you obviously need clothes to participate in everyday life you are going to want to get you and your family's clothes clean as soon as possible.
Here are a few tips to help make sure that your soiled moldy clothes get back to their pre-flood gloriousness.
First, check if your machines need to be cleaned. If they do follow this procedure:
- Set the washer to the largest load capacity and fill with hot water.
- Add one cup chlorine bleach.
- Set the washer to a full cycle with a hot water rinse. Allow the washer to run through the entire cycle.
- Clean the exterior of the washer and all other surfaces in the laundry room with a solution of chlorine bleach and hot water. Rinse with clean water.
- Of course, if the machines are broken call a technician to come to help you first!
Now comes the washing of the clothes part ...
You can use vinegar to remove the mold and musky smell that your flood-damaged clothes may have. *Vinegar kills 82% of mold species and can usually kill the mold growing on clothes. Vinegar will also remove the moldy smell from the clothes.
How to wash your clothes with vinegar:
First, make sure you knock off and spray away any mud or large portions of debris from your clothing as this may jam up your machine.
- To kill mold on your clothes using vinegar, put your clothes in the washing machine along with detergent and let the machine fill with water.
- Then add about a cup or two of vinegar to your washing.
- Let the washing machine run through its cycle as normal.
- Alternatively, soak clothes in vinegar:
- Let your clothes soak in a solution of one cup of white vinegar in a bucket of water for about an hour.
- After soaking, wash the clothes with laundry detergent in your washing machine to wash away the mold and vinegar.
- You might need to repeat the process to remove all the traces of mold and any moldy smell from your clothes.
If you or someone you know has been affected by flood damage and need help with your home, call SERVPRO now!